Bids to be considered for Sidmouth Drill Hall
- Credit: Archant
A trio of bids have been submitted to transform Sidmouth’s Drill Hall following a market consultation period.
East Devon District Council has received three ‘interesting and diverse’ bids for the site following the consultation period, which ended on Friday, February 4.
A core group made up of Sidmouth and East Devon town and district councillors are now considering the bids, working with property agent JLL which has managed the marketing.
A council spokesman said at the moment the details of the bids must remain confidential and recommendations will be made for East Devon District Council’s cabinet for approval at a later date.
Councillor Geoff Pook, the district council’s portfolio holder for asset management, said: “Sidmouth’s Drill Hall is a building on a prominent site for the town and we understand the degree of local interest in what the future holds for the area.
You may also want to watch:
“This could become an important asset and attraction that adds to what Sidmouth offers its residents and visitors alike.
“There will be no immediate detailed announcements as we have a process of consideration, selection and negotiation to go through but we can certainly say that there has been an interesting mix of bids come in for consideration.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon