Bids to be considered for Sidmouth Drill Hall
- Credit: Archant
A trio of bids have been submitted to transform Sidmouth’s Drill Hall following a market consultation period.
East Devon District Council has received three ‘interesting and diverse’ bids for the site following the consultation period, which ended on Friday, February 4.
A core group made up of Sidmouth and East Devon town and district councillors are now considering the bids, working with property agent JLL which has managed the marketing.
A council spokesman said at the moment the details of the bids must remain confidential and recommendations will be made for East Devon District Council’s cabinet for approval at a later date.
Councillor Geoff Pook, the district council’s portfolio holder for asset management, said: “Sidmouth’s Drill Hall is a building on a prominent site for the town and we understand the degree of local interest in what the future holds for the area.
You may also want to watch:
“This could become an important asset and attraction that adds to what Sidmouth offers its residents and visitors alike.
“There will be no immediate detailed announcements as we have a process of consideration, selection and negotiation to go through but we can certainly say that there has been an interesting mix of bids come in for consideration.”
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start