Young Ottery chef makes it through to South West Chef of the Year Award 2019
- Credit: Archant
A junior chef from Ottery cooked up a storm proving to be one of the best in Devon, making it through to the finals for the South West Chef of the Year Award 2019.
Oliver Smith, from The King's School, will now be going through to the final junior chef round, for 11 to 16-year-olds.
The final cook off will take place on Saturday, October 5, at Ashburton Cookery School.
Head judge Michael Caines said: "The South West Chef of the Year competition is back for its 16th year and the array of talent has been exceptional.
"The team of judges have been blown away with the creativity and skills that these chefs have. From home cooks to experienced chefs, the South West is full of culinary talent and we can't wait to see who goes on to win the categories and the overall award of South West Chef of the Year 2019."
You may also want to watch:
An awards presentation evening and dinner will be held at Exeter Golf and Country Club on Wednesday, October 22.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead