Finger-licking pie feast fundraiser at Branscombe
Branscombe WI lay on traditional pie feast and raise nearly �680
MORE than 300 slices of pie were eaten at this year’s Branscombe WI village pie feast, helping to raise �679.64 for the group and local good causes.
“It went extremely well,” said president Sandi Clark. “We had 44 pies and it all sold bar four slices.
“The quality of the homemade pies, and the variety, was stupendous. Some people had two pieces.”
The traditional event is the WI group’s main fund-raiser of the year and Sandi praised the team of helpers, describing them as “wonderful, very cooperative and cheerful.”
You may also want to watch:
Treasurer Linda Hughes said there would be a vote at the WI’s next meeting over what the money would be used to support.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance