Finger-licking pie feast fundraiser at Branscombe
Branscombe WI lay on traditional pie feast and raise nearly �680
MORE than 300 slices of pie were eaten at this year’s Branscombe WI village pie feast, helping to raise �679.64 for the group and local good causes.
“It went extremely well,” said president Sandi Clark. “We had 44 pies and it all sold bar four slices.
“The quality of the homemade pies, and the variety, was stupendous. Some people had two pieces.”
The traditional event is the WI group’s main fund-raiser of the year and Sandi praised the team of helpers, describing them as “wonderful, very cooperative and cheerful.”
You may also want to watch:
Treasurer Linda Hughes said there would be a vote at the WI’s next meeting over what the money would be used to support.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National