Fiona’s going the distance for Devon Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth woman is preparing to tackle her tenth marathon in ten years this weekend to raise money for the Devon Air Ambulance.
Fiona Cummins, who works as a lettings administrator at Harrison-Lavers & Potbury’s, has raised more than £5,000 for good causes over the last decade.
She will take on the 26.5-mile London Marathon this Sunday, and to help her with her fundraising efforts, the Sidmouth-based estate agents have donated £500 to the life-saving charity.
Director Bobby Marshall said: “The Company wish Fiona the very best of luck with the marathon and look forward to hearing her final place and time recorded.”
Fiona ran her first marathon in 2001 after winning a place in a magazine competition, and has run a marathon each year since - including the New York and Paris events.
You may also want to watch:
Donations to the air ambulance can be made online at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/FionaCummins
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd