Fiona’s going the distance for Devon Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth woman is preparing to tackle her tenth marathon in ten years this weekend to raise money for the Devon Air Ambulance.
Fiona Cummins, who works as a lettings administrator at Harrison-Lavers & Potbury’s, has raised more than £5,000 for good causes over the last decade.
She will take on the 26.5-mile London Marathon this Sunday, and to help her with her fundraising efforts, the Sidmouth-based estate agents have donated £500 to the life-saving charity.
Director Bobby Marshall said: “The Company wish Fiona the very best of luck with the marathon and look forward to hearing her final place and time recorded.”
Fiona ran her first marathon in 2001 after winning a place in a magazine competition, and has run a marathon each year since - including the New York and Paris events.
You may also want to watch:
Donations to the air ambulance can be made online at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/FionaCummins
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth