Fire crews called to car fire in Sidford and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
Fire crews were called to School Street in Sidford after reports of a car fire in a garage at 5pm on Tuesday. Read this and more.
CAR FIRE: Fire crews were called to School Street in Sidford after reports of a car fire in a garage at 5pm on Tuesday.
The vehicle was partially damaged but the fire was out when the engines arrived.
HORMONE ROMP: Dr Chris Burke is leading a ‘romp around some hormones’ at 3pm on Tuesday (July 16).
You may also want to watch:
The café scientifique is upstairs in Costa Coffee and open to anyone interested in science.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
COFFEE MORNING: The Hotel Riviera is hosting a coffee morning for the Sidmouth and District RNLI, from 10am, on Wednesday, July 17.
Homemade cakes and souvenirs will be on offer and there will be a raffle.
AFTERNOON DELIGHT: Residents who supported a couple’s afternoon tea in Sidmouth on Saturday have been thanked after it raised £165 for the Blue Cross.
Jenny and Anthony Fensom, of Sidford Road, reserved special praise for Coastal Coffee for generously donating the scones for the cream teas.
TINGLE SERVICE: St Giles’ Church in Sidbury is hosting a tingle service from 11.15am on Sunday.
The theme is Sea Sunday.
ART: An exhibition of wildlife art by one of Britain’s foremost painters of the subject finishes this weekend.
The event, showcasing the work of Neil Cox, is taking place at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, until Sunday (July 14).