Fire crews called to car fire in Sidford and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
Fire crews were called to School Street in Sidford after reports of a car fire in a garage at 5pm on Tuesday. Read this and more.
CAR FIRE: Fire crews were called to School Street in Sidford after reports of a car fire in a garage at 5pm on Tuesday.
The vehicle was partially damaged but the fire was out when the engines arrived.
HORMONE ROMP: Dr Chris Burke is leading a ‘romp around some hormones’ at 3pm on Tuesday (July 16).
The café scientifique is upstairs in Costa Coffee and open to anyone interested in science.
- 1 Opinion: 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Arrows flying straight in the Sidmouth Darts League
- 3 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 4 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 5 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
- 6 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 7 Girlguiding achievements celebrated at church service
- 8 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 9 Rugby round-up from the East Devon region
- 10 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
COFFEE MORNING: The Hotel Riviera is hosting a coffee morning for the Sidmouth and District RNLI, from 10am, on Wednesday, July 17.
Homemade cakes and souvenirs will be on offer and there will be a raffle.
AFTERNOON DELIGHT: Residents who supported a couple’s afternoon tea in Sidmouth on Saturday have been thanked after it raised £165 for the Blue Cross.
Jenny and Anthony Fensom, of Sidford Road, reserved special praise for Coastal Coffee for generously donating the scones for the cream teas.
TINGLE SERVICE: St Giles’ Church in Sidbury is hosting a tingle service from 11.15am on Sunday.
The theme is Sea Sunday.
ART: An exhibition of wildlife art by one of Britain’s foremost painters of the subject finishes this weekend.
The event, showcasing the work of Neil Cox, is taking place at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, until Sunday (July 14).