Fire crews called to car fire in Sidford and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
Fire crews were called to School Street in Sidford after reports of a car fire in a garage at 5pm on Tuesday. Read this and more.
CAR FIRE: Fire crews were called to School Street in Sidford after reports of a car fire in a garage at 5pm on Tuesday.
The vehicle was partially damaged but the fire was out when the engines arrived.
HORMONE ROMP: Dr Chris Burke is leading a ‘romp around some hormones’ at 3pm on Tuesday (July 16).
You may also want to watch:
The café scientifique is upstairs in Costa Coffee and open to anyone interested in science.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
COFFEE MORNING: The Hotel Riviera is hosting a coffee morning for the Sidmouth and District RNLI, from 10am, on Wednesday, July 17.
Homemade cakes and souvenirs will be on offer and there will be a raffle.
AFTERNOON DELIGHT: Residents who supported a couple’s afternoon tea in Sidmouth on Saturday have been thanked after it raised £165 for the Blue Cross.
Jenny and Anthony Fensom, of Sidford Road, reserved special praise for Coastal Coffee for generously donating the scones for the cream teas.
TINGLE SERVICE: St Giles’ Church in Sidbury is hosting a tingle service from 11.15am on Sunday.
The theme is Sea Sunday.
ART: An exhibition of wildlife art by one of Britain’s foremost painters of the subject finishes this weekend.
The event, showcasing the work of Neil Cox, is taking place at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, until Sunday (July 14).