Fire engines called to tumble dryer fire

PUBLISHED: 12:40 27 January 2016 | UPDATED: 12:41 27 January 2016

Sidmouth Fire Station in Woolbrook Road

Sidmouth Fire Station in Woolbrook Road


Fire crews in Sidmouth were called to an address in Alexandria Road today (Wednesday) after reports of a tumble dryer on fire.

The two fire engines arrived at the property shortly before 11am.

A fire spokesman said: “Upon arrival crews confirmed one tumble dryer has been removed prior to the arrival of fire crews. Crews got to work with a bucket of water to extinguish the fire. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald