Fire guts campervan in Sidmouth

PUBLISHED: 10:34 29 July 2016 | UPDATED: 10:34 29 July 2016

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

The inside of a campervan was totally gutted by a fire in Sidmouth last night (Thursday).

Town crews in one appliance found the vehicle in flames and emitting smoke in Salters Meadow at 10pm.

Crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire and make the vehicle safe.

A fire service spokesman said the campervan was 100 per cent internally damaged by the blaze.

Police were all requested to attend.

Many holidaymakers are visiting the town for FolkWeek or their summer holidays.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald