Fire guts campervan in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The inside of a campervan was totally gutted by a fire in Sidmouth last night (Thursday).
Town crews in one appliance found the vehicle in flames and emitting smoke in Salters Meadow at 10pm.
Crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire and make the vehicle safe.
A fire service spokesman said the campervan was 100 per cent internally damaged by the blaze.
Police were all requested to attend.
You may also want to watch:
Many holidaymakers are visiting the town for FolkWeek or their summer holidays.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites