Fire in Ottery St Mary chip shop
- Credit: Archant
No one was injured in the blaze but Rosey’s Chippy will remain closed until further notice
Fire fighters were called to a blaze in an Ottery St Mary chip shop today.
No one was injured in the fire that broke out in Rosey’s Chippy, on the corner of Tip Hill and Jesu Street, but the ground floor of the building has suffered smoke and fire damage.
A total of three engines from Ottery and Honiton attended and crews used breathing apparatus, a hose reel, main jet and thermal imaging camera to deal with the blaze.
The fire is believed to be accidental.
You may also want to watch:
The chip shop will remain closed while the extent of the damage is assessed.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman