Fire damages domestic garage in Sidmouth

PUBLISHED: 17:17 11 September 2018 | UPDATED: 17:25 11 September 2018

Archant

Flames apparently spread to the building from outside

A fire has damaged the garage of a house in Vicarage Road, Sidmouth.

Two fire crews were called out to the incident, at the detached double garage of the property, at about 2.20pm today (Tuesday, September 11).

They used hosereels and a thermal imaging camera to bring the fire under control.

No-one was hurt but the garage was left 25% damaged.

A spokesman for the Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service, Paul Slaven, said the fire was not being treated as suspicious.

“The cause was accidental,” he said. “The fire started from outside and spread to the garage.”

He was not able to give any further details.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald