Fire damages domestic garage in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Flames apparently spread to the building from outside
A fire has damaged the garage of a house in Vicarage Road, Sidmouth.
Two fire crews were called out to the incident, at the detached double garage of the property, at about 2.20pm today (Tuesday, September 11).
They used hosereels and a thermal imaging camera to bring the fire under control.
No-one was hurt but the garage was left 25% damaged.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service, Paul Slaven, said the fire was not being treated as suspicious.
“The cause was accidental,” he said. “The fire started from outside and spread to the garage.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
He was not able to give any further details.