Fire service called electricity pole fire in Beer
Herald reader Stephen Lee captured this picture of a fire behind the Mariners Hall in Beer.
Mr Lee said it seemed to be at the top of an electricity pole, with some of the foliage nearby also on fire.
In a statement from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service, it said: “The fire service was called to reports of a electrical pylon which was on fire, behind a property in Fore Street, Beer.
“Fire Control mobilised two appliances from Seaton and Sidmouth to attend this incident.
“Upon arrival, crews confirmed this to be fire involving electric telegraph pole and got to work to protect the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
“Western Power has been requested to attend also.”
The fire was logged by the fire service at 4.27pm today (Thursday).
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman