Fire Service put out chimney blaze in East Hill

PUBLISHED: 18:03 12 April 2012



Firemen were called to put out a chimney fire near Ottery this morning.

Devon and Somerset Fire Service received a call around 9am from a house in East Hill, and sent an appliance from Ottery St Mary station.

A spokesman said: “Fire crews confirmed one fire small in an exterior chimney flue.

“The fire was extinguished by fire crews using one hose reel jet, one ladder and small tools.”

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald