FIRE UPDATE: Woman treated after Sidmouth blaze

PUBLISHED: 16:21 21 July 2011 | UPDATED: 09:24 22 July 2011

An unattended candle caused the fire

An unattended candle caused the fire


Hedge blaze drama

A WOMAN was treated for shock after a hedge blaze in Clevedon Park, Sidmouth, this morning (Thursday).

Firefighters raced to the area following reports reporting 20 metres of Hedgerow was ablaze at around 7.30am.

On arrival, the crew tackled the fire using a hosereel jet and pitchforks. An ambulance also attended to treated a lady at the scene who was in shock.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald