Firefighters are picking up the sponge and buckets for charity
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are swapping fire for Fiats as they take part in a national charity car wash.
You can bring your car to your local fire station this Saturday (March 2) where, for a donation, the firefighters will wash it and having it looking good as new.
Every year hundreds of fire stations across the UK compete against each other to wash as many cars as possible and raise money for the Fire Fighters Charity. The fire station that raises the most is crowned the National Car Wash League champion.
The Fire Fighters Charity which help serving and retired fire service personnel and their families.
Glenn Askew, chief fire officer for Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service said: “Your valued donations will go towards helping thousands of men, women and children from the fire and rescue community during their times of need.”
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth crew will be taking part at their fire station in Liverton Business Park, Salterton Road between 10am and 2pm.
Honiton crew will be at their fire station between 9am and midday.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Ottery St Mary crew will be at their fire station between 10am and 2pm
Sidmouth will be taking part at their fire station between 11am and 3pm.