Firefighters called to electric fire in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to an electrical fire in Sidmouth.
Three engines from Sidmouth and Ottery were called to Manstone Avenue at about 8.20am this morning (Wednesday).
Emergency services received reports of a fire on the side of a building at a Sidmouth property.
On arrival crews confirmed the fire was confined to electrical cables on the outside of the house before they requested Western Power Distribution to attend to isolate the electrics.
By 9.30am, the power had been isolated and the cables inspected with the property to ensure the fire had not spread.
You may also want to watch:
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental and that crews left duty of care with the occupiers.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open