Firefighters tackle car blaze and more news
Firefighters were called out to a burning car on Trow Hill on Saturday December 3. Read this and more.
CAR FIRE: Firefighters were called out to a burning car on Trow Hill on Saturday December 3. Following numerous calls a fire crew from Sidmouth arrived at the scene to find it well alight and used jets to tackle the blaze. A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said it was not being treated as suspicious.
SALE SUCCESS: A variety of games and stalls were enjoyed pupils, staff and parents at Otterton Primary School’s Christmas Bazaar. The early evening event was organised by the school’s parent/teacher association and raised more than �500 for the school in just two hours. At least 100 people turned out to enjoy stalls laden with homemade cakes and mince pies or to pick up a Christmas bargain.
You may also want to watch:
FIRE: An elderly gentleman was treated for smoke inhalation after an electrical fault in his car whilst driving through Sidford on Tuesday, December 6. A fire crew from Sidmouth was called around 11.45am to Church Street and found smoke issuing from the engine.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth