Firefighters tackle car blaze and more news
Firefighters were called out to a burning car on Trow Hill on Saturday December 3. Read this and more.
CAR FIRE: Firefighters were called out to a burning car on Trow Hill on Saturday December 3. Following numerous calls a fire crew from Sidmouth arrived at the scene to find it well alight and used jets to tackle the blaze. A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said it was not being treated as suspicious.
SALE SUCCESS: A variety of games and stalls were enjoyed pupils, staff and parents at Otterton Primary School’s Christmas Bazaar. The early evening event was organised by the school’s parent/teacher association and raised more than �500 for the school in just two hours. At least 100 people turned out to enjoy stalls laden with homemade cakes and mince pies or to pick up a Christmas bargain.
You may also want to watch:
FIRE: An elderly gentleman was treated for smoke inhalation after an electrical fault in his car whilst driving through Sidford on Tuesday, December 6. A fire crew from Sidmouth was called around 11.45am to Church Street and found smoke issuing from the engine.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council