Firefighters tackle car blaze and more news
Firefighters were called out to a burning car on Trow Hill on Saturday December 3. Read this and more.
CAR FIRE: Firefighters were called out to a burning car on Trow Hill on Saturday December 3. Following numerous calls a fire crew from Sidmouth arrived at the scene to find it well alight and used jets to tackle the blaze. A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said it was not being treated as suspicious.
SALE SUCCESS: A variety of games and stalls were enjoyed pupils, staff and parents at Otterton Primary School’s Christmas Bazaar. The early evening event was organised by the school’s parent/teacher association and raised more than �500 for the school in just two hours. At least 100 people turned out to enjoy stalls laden with homemade cakes and mince pies or to pick up a Christmas bargain.
You may also want to watch:
FIRE: An elderly gentleman was treated for smoke inhalation after an electrical fault in his car whilst driving through Sidford on Tuesday, December 6. A fire crew from Sidmouth was called around 11.45am to Church Street and found smoke issuing from the engine.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 8 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon