Firefighters tackle cooker fire in Sidmouth and more news
A small cooker fire in Sidmouth saw firefighters race to a property in Woolbrook Meadows on Monday, December 19. Read this and more.
WIPER WOE: A pair of cars parked in Convent Road, Sidmouth, were targeted by vandals between 8pm on last Friday, December 16, and 8am on Saturday, December 17. Both vehicles, a silver BMW and a silver Voklswagen Golf, suffered damage to their windscreen wipers. Police have appealed for information. Contact officers on 101, crime references: KS/11/726 (BMW) and KS/11/727 (Golf).
COOKER FIRE: A small cooker fire in Sidmouth saw firefighters race to a property in Woolbrook Meadows on Monday, December 19. Two appliances from the town were scrambled to a report of a smoke alarm sounding at the location at 2.50pm. On arrival, crews identified a smell of smoke within the property and, on further investigation, found that there had been a small fire involving the cooker - which was confirmed out and crews made the scene safe.
You may also want to watch:
CAR DAMAGED: Damage to the petrol cap of a car parked in Byes Lane, Sidford, last week sparked a police investigation. The silver Renault Scenic was targeted between 6pm on Wednesday, December 14, and 6.30am last Thursday, December 15. Anyone with information can contact police by dialling 101, crime reference: KS/11/728.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
HOLY ROOF: A proposed re-roofing of Sidbury Chapel has been given the go-ahead. Plans for the work revealed the listed building “has fallen into disrepair” and the slate roof had “seriously degraded”. East Devon District Council approved proposals.
SOLAR ‘OK’: A bid to erect a stand alone solar panel array at Core House in Burscombe Lane, Sidford, has been granted planning permission by the district council.