Firefighters tackle cooker fire in Sidmouth and more news
A small cooker fire in Sidmouth saw firefighters race to a property in Woolbrook Meadows on Monday, December 19. Read this and more.
WIPER WOE: A pair of cars parked in Convent Road, Sidmouth, were targeted by vandals between 8pm on last Friday, December 16, and 8am on Saturday, December 17. Both vehicles, a silver BMW and a silver Voklswagen Golf, suffered damage to their windscreen wipers. Police have appealed for information. Contact officers on 101, crime references: KS/11/726 (BMW) and KS/11/727 (Golf).
COOKER FIRE: A small cooker fire in Sidmouth saw firefighters race to a property in Woolbrook Meadows on Monday, December 19. Two appliances from the town were scrambled to a report of a smoke alarm sounding at the location at 2.50pm. On arrival, crews identified a smell of smoke within the property and, on further investigation, found that there had been a small fire involving the cooker - which was confirmed out and crews made the scene safe.
You may also want to watch:
CAR DAMAGED: Damage to the petrol cap of a car parked in Byes Lane, Sidford, last week sparked a police investigation. The silver Renault Scenic was targeted between 6pm on Wednesday, December 14, and 6.30am last Thursday, December 15. Anyone with information can contact police by dialling 101, crime reference: KS/11/728.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
HOLY ROOF: A proposed re-roofing of Sidbury Chapel has been given the go-ahead. Plans for the work revealed the listed building “has fallen into disrepair” and the slate roof had “seriously degraded”. East Devon District Council approved proposals.
SOLAR ‘OK’: A bid to erect a stand alone solar panel array at Core House in Burscombe Lane, Sidford, has been granted planning permission by the district council.