Firefighters tackle fire in wood shed containing two tonnes of logs
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters had to wear breathing apparatus to fight the fire.
A fire completely destroyed a woodstore containing two tonnes of logs in an East Devon village last night.
Emergency services were alerted to the fire in Rockhayne, Branscombe, at around 7.40pm yesterday (January 23).
Two fire engines from Sidmouth were sent to the incident and upon arriving crews were faced with a woodstore, containing two tonnes of logs, which was ‘well alight’.
Firefighters used compressed foam, a jet hose and donned breathing apparatus in order to bring the fire under control.
You may also want to watch:
The building was completely destroyed; firefighters believe the cause was accidental.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead