Firefighters tackle Sidmouth pan blaze

PUBLISHED: 14:36 18 August 2014 | UPDATED: 14:36 18 August 2014

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in a Sidmouth home that was caused by a pan that was left unattended on a cooker.

A crew from Totnes attended the scene in Manstone Mead at around 4.30pm on Saturday after alarms at the property sounded,

They removed the pan and ventilated the dwelling using a pressure ventilation fan.

“This was a small fire involving an unattended pan on a cooker hob,” said a fire service spokesman.

“There was moderate fire damage to the pan. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald