First ever Ottery Santa run attracts 47 entries
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas was spotted in Ottery as the town held its inaugural Santa run.
The event was organised by the Rotary Club of Otter Valley and saw 47 entries, including five families, take on either the two-or three-kilometre route.
Prizes were awarded to the best dressed family, man, woman and competitor under 16.
Runners were able to enjoy a mince pie and warm drink at the cricket club.
The Rotary Club also presented awards to talented musicians at the area final of this year’s Youth Presents Music, senior section, in Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Ellie Sharman, 14, was awarded the Lloyds Bank Salver for her rendition of Lost Without You by Freya Ridings.
Antonia Ress and Ava Fitzhugh also won an award and will go forward to the district final later this year.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sad loss at Beer Albion
The Rotary Club is now welcoming entries to the junior competition which will begin in the new year. Email email@example.com for details.