First ever Ottery Santa run attracts 47 entries
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas was spotted in Ottery as the town held its inaugural Santa run.
The event was organised by the Rotary Club of Otter Valley and saw 47 entries, including five families, take on either the two-or three-kilometre route.
Prizes were awarded to the best dressed family, man, woman and competitor under 16.
Runners were able to enjoy a mince pie and warm drink at the cricket club.
The Rotary Club also presented awards to talented musicians at the area final of this year’s Youth Presents Music, senior section, in Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Ellie Sharman, 14, was awarded the Lloyds Bank Salver for her rendition of Lost Without You by Freya Ridings.
Antonia Ress and Ava Fitzhugh also won an award and will go forward to the district final later this year.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Toto goes bananas with his love for fruit and veg shop
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
The Rotary Club is now welcoming entries to the junior competition which will begin in the new year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.