FIRST LOOK: Final plans for Sidmouth’s Fortfield Hotel
Artist impression revealed as plans are submitted
PLANS for apartments on the site of Sidmouth’s former Fortfield Hotel have been revealed.
Hopeful developer ZeroC says the key features of its scheme are:
• 31 two and three bedroom private dwellings over four floors
• High quality architecture
You may also want to watch:
• Underground parking
• District biomass heating and solar photovoltaic roof panels
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes
• Landscaped gardens
First artist impressions revealed today (Thursday) show sketches with near identical architecture to designs showcased at a public exhibition in Sidmouth in March.
However, the proposed building has been reduced in height by one storey and features nine less apartments.
Earliest designs featuring 48 apartments were scrapped in February as a new architect was employed.