FIRST LOOK: Final plans for Sidmouth’s Fortfield Hotel
Artist impression revealed as plans are submitted
PLANS for apartments on the site of Sidmouth’s former Fortfield Hotel have been revealed.
Hopeful developer ZeroC says the key features of its scheme are:
• 31 two and three bedroom private dwellings over four floors
• High quality architecture
You may also want to watch:
• Underground parking
• District biomass heating and solar photovoltaic roof panels
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
• Landscaped gardens
First artist impressions revealed today (Thursday) show sketches with near identical architecture to designs showcased at a public exhibition in Sidmouth in March.
However, the proposed building has been reduced in height by one storey and features nine less apartments.
Earliest designs featuring 48 apartments were scrapped in February as a new architect was employed.