FIRST LOOK: Final plans for Sidmouth’s Fortfield Hotel
Artist impression revealed as plans are submitted
PLANS for apartments on the site of Sidmouth’s former Fortfield Hotel have been revealed.
Hopeful developer ZeroC says the key features of its scheme are:
• 31 two and three bedroom private dwellings over four floors
• High quality architecture
You may also want to watch:
• Underground parking
• District biomass heating and solar photovoltaic roof panels
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 6 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 10 Rob to serve up your top topping for your perfect pizza this month
• Landscaped gardens
First artist impressions revealed today (Thursday) show sketches with near identical architecture to designs showcased at a public exhibition in Sidmouth in March.
However, the proposed building has been reduced in height by one storey and features nine less apartments.
Earliest designs featuring 48 apartments were scrapped in February as a new architect was employed.