FIRST LOOK: Final plans for Sidmouth’s Fortfield Hotel
Artist impression revealed as plans are submitted
PLANS for apartments on the site of Sidmouth’s former Fortfield Hotel have been revealed.
Hopeful developer ZeroC says the key features of its scheme are:
• 31 two and three bedroom private dwellings over four floors
• High quality architecture
You may also want to watch:
• Underground parking
• District biomass heating and solar photovoltaic roof panels
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
• Landscaped gardens
First artist impressions revealed today (Thursday) show sketches with near identical architecture to designs showcased at a public exhibition in Sidmouth in March.
However, the proposed building has been reduced in height by one storey and features nine less apartments.
Earliest designs featuring 48 apartments were scrapped in February as a new architect was employed.