First stop - Sidmouth church for Victoria’s wedding
Sidmouth hotelier’s daughter weds Edinburgh man
ALL ABOARD this wedding bus, that ferried a Sidmouth hotelier’s daughter to the parish church on Saturday.
Victoria Cleave, 29, pictured with dad Philip, who runs Mount Pleasant Hotel, Salcombe Road, and her five bridesmaids, married Colin Leslie, 30, from Edinburgh on Saturday.
The couple, who met at Oxford Brookes university, live and work in London, she as a senior prosecuting lawyer and Colin as a commercial property valuer.
The bride, daughter of Philip and Vanda Cleave, who moved to Sidmouth in 1987, wore an ivory gown, while bridesmaids Amy Sessions, Kate Correal, Lucy Green, Roslyn Leslie and Rachel Naylor, wore black satin dresses with ivory stoles.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a black and white themed wedding,” explained Mr Cleave, whose son William was one of several ushers.
Best man was Colin’s brother Neil and both wore the Leslie tartan.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Their parents, George and Moira Leslie of Edinburgh, stayed at the Cleave’s hotel for the weekend, attending the reception in a marquee in the hotel grounds for 120 guests.
“It was fantastic weather and the icing on the cake,” said Mr Cleave, who said the couple were honeymooning in Thailand.