First stop - Sidmouth church for Victoria’s wedding
Sidmouth hotelier’s daughter weds Edinburgh man
ALL ABOARD this wedding bus, that ferried a Sidmouth hotelier’s daughter to the parish church on Saturday.
Victoria Cleave, 29, pictured with dad Philip, who runs Mount Pleasant Hotel, Salcombe Road, and her five bridesmaids, married Colin Leslie, 30, from Edinburgh on Saturday.
The couple, who met at Oxford Brookes university, live and work in London, she as a senior prosecuting lawyer and Colin as a commercial property valuer.
The bride, daughter of Philip and Vanda Cleave, who moved to Sidmouth in 1987, wore an ivory gown, while bridesmaids Amy Sessions, Kate Correal, Lucy Green, Roslyn Leslie and Rachel Naylor, wore black satin dresses with ivory stoles.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a black and white themed wedding,” explained Mr Cleave, whose son William was one of several ushers.
Best man was Colin’s brother Neil and both wore the Leslie tartan.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Their parents, George and Moira Leslie of Edinburgh, stayed at the Cleave’s hotel for the weekend, attending the reception in a marquee in the hotel grounds for 120 guests.
“It was fantastic weather and the icing on the cake,” said Mr Cleave, who said the couple were honeymooning in Thailand.