First time marathon runner steps up Sidmouth training
Sidmouth runner to raise cash for donkey riding therapy sessions in first London Marathon
ONE of the many runners taking part in this year’s 2012 London Marathon to raise money for charity, is Jennie Jepperson from Sidmouth.
Jennie, 24, has seen thousands of children receiving the benefits of riding therapy while working as a centre co-ordinator at the Sidmouth Elisabeth Svendsen Trust for Children and Donkeys (EST) in the last two years.
A keen runner and newly joined member of Sidmouth Running Club, this will be Jennie’s first marathon.
She has been training hard for the event, on Sunday, April 22, so she can raise funds for the riding therapy sessions for children with special needs.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I love meeting the children who come to our centre and have seen for myself how much they get out of their riding sessions.
“I’ve been training hard for the marathon over the last few months and even though it’s a huge challenge, I’m really looking forward to the big day.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
She runs three or four times a week and does a longer run at the weekend.
“I’m doing seven or eight miles at the moment but will be up to speed by the marathon,” she said. “Training seems to be going well.”
Jennie’s fundraising target of �1,500 will help EST give more than 45 therapy sessions to children.
If you would like to help Jennie reach her target, visit: www.justgiviing.com/jenniejepperson or text JJLM88 to 70070, followed by the amount you wish to donate.