First ‘wiggle’ cycle challenge coming to Sidmouth
SIDMOUTH, Sidford and Sidbury will feature in The Prostate Cancer Charity’s first ever mass participation event – a gruelling cycle trek - this summer.
The Wiggle Jurassic Classic will pass through all three places when it comes to the region on July 8.
The challenge will feature both 100k and 100-mile rides - and participants are being sought.
Mark Bishop, director of fundraising at The Prostate Cancer Charity, said: “This is the first time we’ve staged our own cycling event in Devon and we’re hoping that as many people as possible will join us on the day to take on this exciting challenge and help us spread the word about this disease.”
Cyclists on the 100k challenge will pedal through Budleigh Salterton and Otterton, before heading inland at Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The ride will also pass through the villages of Sidford, Sidbury, Honiton and the Otter Vale before reaching Woodbury Common, and head back to the finish in Exmouth.
Entrants to the more gruelling 100-mile ride will experience Beer, Seaton, Lyme Regis and Charmouth.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 10 Toto goes bananas with his love for fruit and veg shop
From here they will ride through countryside via Axminster then freewheel back into Exmouth.
To sign up, visit www.jurassic-classic.org.uk or e-mail email@example.com. Both distances cost �28 to take part in, with the 100-mile route starting from 7am and the 100km from 8am.