Fish pass plan for River Otter and other news
A planning application has been submitted to build a fish pass on the River Otter near Tipton. Read this and more.
FILM NIGHT: Ottery Twinning Society will be showing the award-winning French film Amelie, starring Audrey Tautou, at the Royal British Legion Hall in West Hill on Wednesday, October 3, from 7.30pm. There will be a bar, and tickets cost �5 per person including a drink. There is also a ‘bring and share’ buffet, and to book for the event contact secretary Keith Spittlehouse on 01404 812155, or email email@example.com.
FISH PASS: A planning application has been submitted to build a fish pass on the River Otter near Tipton. The channels would provide passage to fish upstream at the weir by Tipton Mill, and the plans have been developed in association with the Environment Agency. The work would take place on private agricultural land, but the application says it will ‘benefit the local community’. It will be discussed by Ottery Town Council’s planning committee on Monday, from 7.30pm in the Old Convent.
You may also want to watch:
PECO TRIP: Ottery Gardening Club has arranged a trip to Pecorama in Beer on Tuesday, October 23. The Beer tourist attraction is offering free entry to the club, including a talk by the head gardener, meaning people only have to pay the cost of the coach, which leaves from the Land of Canaan at 10am. The cost is �5 for members, �6 for non-members, contact Joan Dalton to book or for more information on 01404 815082.
- 1 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council