Fishmonger in Ottery supplies top London restaurants
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery fishmonger’s produce is to the taste of London after five top restaurants have snapped up his services.
Simon Bennett, the owner of The Old Watch House in Mill Street, is supplying the elite establishments in the capital after wowing them with his catch.
His Devon fish are now being served in Browns Hotel, the Modern Pantry, Hix Soho, Caravan Kings Cross and the Hix Chophouse.
But his success has come at a cost to his chance of a lie-in, after the 39-year-old revealed he now has to get up at 2.30am to source the best produce and get it delivered to the kitchens in London.
He said: “I’m delighted to be supplying such top restaurants, and a little knackered too.”
You may also want to watch:
Besides his clients in the capital, Mr Bennett is now also supplying Hix’s Fish and Oyster House in Lyme Regis, and a dozen other restaurants in Dorset and Devon.
“It’s become very fashionable to eat fish again,” he said.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
“It seems that the smart set has caught on to the fact that it’s good for their heart and brain and their figure.”