Fishmonger in Ottery supplies top London restaurants
- Credit: Archant
An Ottery fishmonger’s produce is to the taste of London after five top restaurants have snapped up his services.
Simon Bennett, the owner of The Old Watch House in Mill Street, is supplying the elite establishments in the capital after wowing them with his catch.
His Devon fish are now being served in Browns Hotel, the Modern Pantry, Hix Soho, Caravan Kings Cross and the Hix Chophouse.
But his success has come at a cost to his chance of a lie-in, after the 39-year-old revealed he now has to get up at 2.30am to source the best produce and get it delivered to the kitchens in London.
He said: “I’m delighted to be supplying such top restaurants, and a little knackered too.”
Besides his clients in the capital, Mr Bennett is now also supplying Hix’s Fish and Oyster House in Lyme Regis, and a dozen other restaurants in Dorset and Devon.
“It’s become very fashionable to eat fish again,” he said.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 South West warning for drought issued
- 4 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 7 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 10 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
“It seems that the smart set has caught on to the fact that it’s good for their heart and brain and their figure.”