Five weekend shouts for Sidmouth fire crews
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s fire crews were kept busy with five shouts over the weekend.
The first was at 12.48pm on Friday (April 7) when a resident spotted a car leaking petrol in Sid Vale Close. Absorbent pads were used to remove the fuel, the owner was found and the car was moved.
On Saturday, the crews conducted a lift rescue before two callouts to Lyme Road in Uplyme to help tackle an accidental fire in a three-storey home.
The blaze broke out just after 2am and over the next seven hours, 14 appliances were called out. The incident was scaled down but crews remained at the scene until 8pm to ensure the fire was fully extinguished.
Both Sidmouth pumps were called out at 8.50pm yesterday (Sunday) to Fire Beacon Lane to a fire in the open that could be seen from Woolbrook Road.
You may also want to watch:
On arrival, the crews determined that it was a controlled burn that was being monitored by the landowner.
All other appliances that had been mobilised were stood down.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead