Flood chaos in Sidmouth
HEAVY rain has caused flood chaos in Sidmouth this morning – leaving roads impassable and schools shut.
The River Sid burst its banks leaving swathes of the Byes under water.
Woolbrook Road was impassable while the A3052 at the Bowd Inn was closed with diversions.
The A375, Sidford, and Sidbury, Musbury Road, and Newton Poppleford were also badly affected.
Schools which have closed include Sidmouth, Tipton St John and Sidbury primary schools.
You may also want to watch:
The region has been put on an Amber flood alert, the second highest risk rating by the Met Office .
If you’ve got a flooding story of picture, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon