Flood chaos in Sidmouth
HEAVY rain has caused flood chaos in Sidmouth this morning – leaving roads impassable and schools shut.
The River Sid burst its banks leaving swathes of the Byes under water.
Woolbrook Road was impassable while the A3052 at the Bowd Inn was closed with diversions.
The A375, Sidford, and Sidbury, Musbury Road, and Newton Poppleford were also badly affected.
Schools which have closed include Sidmouth, Tipton St John and Sidbury primary schools.
You may also want to watch:
The region has been put on an Amber flood alert, the second highest risk rating by the Met Office .
If you’ve got a flooding story of picture, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman