Flood Fair for Ottery
EAST Devon s Flood Recovery Group is teaming up with the National Flood Forum to host a Flood Fair for residents who have been, or are likely to be, affected by flooding.
EAST Devon's Flood Recovery Group is teaming up with the National Flood Forum to host a Flood Fair for residents who have been, or are likely to be, affected by flooding.
The event will be held at King's School, Ottery St Mary from 11.00 am - 4.00 pm on Saturday, July 18. Exhibitors will be offering products and practical advice to residents, helping them to protect their properties from the potentially devastating effects of flooding.
The following have already booked a space to display their products at the Fair: Flood Ark, Geodesign, Floodgate, Environment Innovations Ltd, Flood Defend, Fluvian Innovations, Mission Rubber, Damfast and Pro Earth Developments. These companies provide a wide range of flood protection products, including flood barriers, flood gates and sandbag alternatives.
Representatives from the Environment Agency, Devon County Council and East Devon District Council will also be there to give flood protection advice.
You may also want to watch:
Local resident, Shan Merritt, who came up with the suggestion of the Flood Fair, said: "A large number of East Devon residents suffered at the hands of the extraordinary weather last autumn, and it is imperative that they be given every opportunity to protect their homes from a repeat of the flooding that caused them so much financial hardship and heartache.
"I am pleased that the East Devon Flood Recovery Group has supported this initiative, and I hope that local people will take advantage of the opportunity to see what the companies who are exhibiting have to offer. There are many good products out there, but people often don't know where to begin to look. This Fair, which is free to everyone, should answer many of their questions.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 4 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 5 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 6 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 7 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 8 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 9 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 10 Wheels fall off for Tipton