Floral attraction Gilbert has a special visitor
- Credit: Archant
BLACKMORE GARDENS’ floral attraction, Gilbert had an unexpected visitor this week – his owner.
Andy Williams and family visited Sidmouth for the day to see how the popular feature, himself on holiday from London, was looking.
Andy was impressed to see Gilbert at work in his allotment and particularly pleased with his work clothes.
The fact that the bedding was raised by Sidmouth College, Sidmouth in Bloom and the district council - taking the Royal Horticultural Society theme of ‘edible Britain’ - showed real community effort.
Andy hopes that further good-will exchanges like Gilbert can be continued throughout the UK as this one has been so successful.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth in Bloom leaders thanked residents for their positive comments, and the level of interest for children and adults that Gilbert has sparked.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year