Floral cheque for Sidmouth Macmillan supporters
Woolbrook Flower Show hands cheque to Macmillan Cancer Support, Sidmouth
EVERYTHING’S coming up roses for Macmillan Cancer Support in Sidmouth after a �50 donation from Woolbrook Flower Show.
Joyce Burnham, chairman of the Sidmouth group, received the cheque on Tuesday from Bruce Harcourt, chairman of the Flower Club and director of Woolbrook Flower Show.
The show was established between World Wars to help fund the building of a church hall and was originally called the St Francis Church Hall Flower Show.
Open to all-comers, the show has, over the years, given any surplus proceeds to different charities.
You may also want to watch:
This year the committee decided to support Macmillan.
Joyce said: “Donations such as these go towards supporting the funding of GP’s, dieticians, physiotherapists and support staff, and we are very grateful to Woolbrook Flower Show for this donation, especially in our Centenary Year.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Mr Harcourt also presented �150 to St Francis Church fund.
Next year’s flower show will be held on August 23.