Floral cheque for Sidmouth Macmillan supporters
Woolbrook Flower Show hands cheque to Macmillan Cancer Support, Sidmouth
EVERYTHING’S coming up roses for Macmillan Cancer Support in Sidmouth after a �50 donation from Woolbrook Flower Show.
Joyce Burnham, chairman of the Sidmouth group, received the cheque on Tuesday from Bruce Harcourt, chairman of the Flower Club and director of Woolbrook Flower Show.
The show was established between World Wars to help fund the building of a church hall and was originally called the St Francis Church Hall Flower Show.
Open to all-comers, the show has, over the years, given any surplus proceeds to different charities.
This year the committee decided to support Macmillan.
Joyce said: “Donations such as these go towards supporting the funding of GP’s, dieticians, physiotherapists and support staff, and we are very grateful to Woolbrook Flower Show for this donation, especially in our Centenary Year.”
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 7 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 10 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
Mr Harcourt also presented �150 to St Francis Church fund.
Next year’s flower show will be held on August 23.