Floral cheque for Sidmouth Macmillan supporters
Woolbrook Flower Show hands cheque to Macmillan Cancer Support, Sidmouth
EVERYTHING’S coming up roses for Macmillan Cancer Support in Sidmouth after a �50 donation from Woolbrook Flower Show.
Joyce Burnham, chairman of the Sidmouth group, received the cheque on Tuesday from Bruce Harcourt, chairman of the Flower Club and director of Woolbrook Flower Show.
The show was established between World Wars to help fund the building of a church hall and was originally called the St Francis Church Hall Flower Show.
Open to all-comers, the show has, over the years, given any surplus proceeds to different charities.
You may also want to watch:
This year the committee decided to support Macmillan.
Joyce said: “Donations such as these go towards supporting the funding of GP’s, dieticians, physiotherapists and support staff, and we are very grateful to Woolbrook Flower Show for this donation, especially in our Centenary Year.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
Mr Harcourt also presented �150 to St Francis Church fund.
Next year’s flower show will be held on August 23.