Floral crown planned for Sidmouth garden and other news
Work is under way on a floral crown in Blackmore Gardens that has been commissioned to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. Read this and more.
TOILET DRAMA: Sidmouth firefighters rushed to the toilet on Saturday (May 19) to help a woman trapped inside a cubicle.
A crew from the town was called to a public convenience on the esplanade at around 9.50am following reports that a woman had become locked inside.
They used small tools to release her.
You may also want to watch:
CROWNING GLORY: Work is under way on a floral crown in Blackmore Gardens that has been commissioned to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
Town favourite Fred the peacock will be missing from the spot this summer – as he’ll be replaced by the special one-off item which has cost around �600.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
Councillor Stuart Hughes will pay for the feature – and its �700 planting costs – from his county council locality budget.
“It’s going to look stunning,” said Cllr Hughes.
HOPPER BUS: Sidmouth’s Hopper Bus will be back in action from Wednesday (May 30).
A weekend route that takes in Knowle has been scrapped to save time. The bus will stop off at the donkey sanctuary on every circuit, and popular driver Jim Tucker will also return.
Keep an eye out for the Hopper timetable in future editions of the Herald.
JAZZ BALL: Tickets priced �35 have become available for a previously sold-out jubilee jazz ball on June 2 at Kennaway House put on by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce.
For further details, contact Sylvia Brownlee on 01395 514011.