Floral tribute to Red Arrows created with ‘mathematical precision’ in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
‘Mathematical precision’ was essential for creating a floral display that captures the speed and agility of the Red Arrows flying over the Jurassic Coast.
Sidmouth in Bloom (SiB) took over responsibility for carpet-bedding the space on the Three Cornered Plot, and chairman Lynette Talbot’s design was realised using computer wizardry.
The flowers and shrubs were grown over the winter in controlled conditions before the 60 boxes were delivered and installed ‘like a massive jigsaw’ last week.
Committee treasurer Peter Endersby said: “The display is a tribute to the Red Arrows.
“This carpet-bedding display was designed by SiB, grown by Kernock Park Plants and installed by our volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s meant to showcase the speed, agility and precision of the Red Arrows’ Hawk jets.
“It needed mathematical precision; it was like a giant jigsaw. It was a bit of an unknown challenge but it worked extremely well.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight