Flower Festival at Ottery St Mary Parish Church
- Credit: Contributed
Displays inspired by traditional gifts such as shells, cotton, and precious stones
Wedding Anniversaries is the theme for the Flower Festival taking place at Ottery St Mary Parish Church this month.
The floral displays will be inspired by the traditional gifts given to celebrate each year of marriage, from cotton (one year) through to diamond (60 years).
There is plenty of scope for creativity, with anniversary themes of wood, shells and as well as precious stones and metals.
There will be a huge range of floral displays prepared by the church flower team and other guest arrangers.
You may also want to watch:
The festival takes place from Wednesday, September 26, to Saturday, September 29. On the Saturday evening, at 7pm, there will be a choral recital called The Crimson Petal. At 6.30pm on Sunday, the Reverend Steve Weston will lead a special Flower Festival Songs of Praise.
Entrance to the flower festival is free, with any donations going to church funds, and refreshments are available in the Dorset Aisle.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme