Flower power in Branscombe
LOVE was in the air at Branscombe as hundreds flocked to the village s flower festival at the weekend. The theme of the four day festival was love and marriage and a magnificent display of flowers representing different wedding anniversaries decorated S
LOVE was in the air at Branscombe as hundreds flocked to the village's flower festival at the weekend.
The theme of the four day festival was 'love and marriage' and a magnificent display of flowers representing different wedding anniversaries decorated St Winifred's Church.
The exhibits featured willow, paper, silver, emerald, tin, coral and many more, including a wedding arch display with silk doves flown over from New York.
And on the first night of the festival, a concert was held in the church.
Musicians and performers included Yarcombe Handbell Ringers, Dalwood Krossed Originals, violinist Rachel Burrough and Margaret Hurford on the organ.
Beer and Branscombe church choirs also performed, as well as soloist Edwin Purchase, Geoff Butler, the church organist and flute trio, Annette Freathy, Ellie Burrough and Melissa Freathy.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 6 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 7 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 8 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 9 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 10 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
Shirley Bryant of the Yarcombe Handbell Ringers also read a poem.
Over �1,000 has been raised for St Winifred's Church funds.
Annette Freathy, an organiser, said: "It was very successful and it was so nice to talk to people from all over the country.
"It was surprising the amount of people who were celebrating their wedding anniversaries!