Flower power in Branscombe
LOVE was in the air at Branscombe as hundreds flocked to the village s flower festival at the weekend. The theme of the four day festival was love and marriage and a magnificent display of flowers representing different wedding anniversaries decorated S
LOVE was in the air at Branscombe as hundreds flocked to the village's flower festival at the weekend.
The theme of the four day festival was 'love and marriage' and a magnificent display of flowers representing different wedding anniversaries decorated St Winifred's Church.
The exhibits featured willow, paper, silver, emerald, tin, coral and many more, including a wedding arch display with silk doves flown over from New York.
And on the first night of the festival, a concert was held in the church.
You may also want to watch:
Musicians and performers included Yarcombe Handbell Ringers, Dalwood Krossed Originals, violinist Rachel Burrough and Margaret Hurford on the organ.
Beer and Branscombe church choirs also performed, as well as soloist Edwin Purchase, Geoff Butler, the church organist and flute trio, Annette Freathy, Ellie Burrough and Melissa Freathy.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Shirley Bryant of the Yarcombe Handbell Ringers also read a poem.
Over �1,000 has been raised for St Winifred's Church funds.
Annette Freathy, an organiser, said: "It was very successful and it was so nice to talk to people from all over the country.
"It was surprising the amount of people who were celebrating their wedding anniversaries!