Flower power in Branscombe
LOVE was in the air at Branscombe as hundreds flocked to the village s flower festival at the weekend. The theme of the four day festival was love and marriage and a magnificent display of flowers representing different wedding anniversaries decorated S
LOVE was in the air at Branscombe as hundreds flocked to the village's flower festival at the weekend.
The theme of the four day festival was 'love and marriage' and a magnificent display of flowers representing different wedding anniversaries decorated St Winifred's Church.
The exhibits featured willow, paper, silver, emerald, tin, coral and many more, including a wedding arch display with silk doves flown over from New York.
And on the first night of the festival, a concert was held in the church.
You may also want to watch:
Musicians and performers included Yarcombe Handbell Ringers, Dalwood Krossed Originals, violinist Rachel Burrough and Margaret Hurford on the organ.
Beer and Branscombe church choirs also performed, as well as soloist Edwin Purchase, Geoff Butler, the church organist and flute trio, Annette Freathy, Ellie Burrough and Melissa Freathy.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
Shirley Bryant of the Yarcombe Handbell Ringers also read a poem.
Over �1,000 has been raised for St Winifred's Church funds.
Annette Freathy, an organiser, said: "It was very successful and it was so nice to talk to people from all over the country.
"It was surprising the amount of people who were celebrating their wedding anniversaries!