Flute player raises £150 busking in Sidmouth as part of 2018 charity mission
- Credit: Archant
A flute player who has vowed to net money for different causes throughout 2018 raised more than £150 busking in Sidmouth.
Nicola Mirams, who lives in Leicester, set herself the challenge to help 12 causes around the country.
The 28-year-old began her fundraising mission in Sidmouth’s Market Place on December 30.
She spent 90 minutes playing for passers-by who helped her raise £157.27 for Sidmouth Lifeboat.
Nicola and family have been visiting the town since she was born, so she knew the important work Sidmouth’s independent lifeboat does. She originally aimed to raise £50 for the cause, but exceeded this target two times over. She said: “I just wanted to do something meaningful to do with music. I have busked before, but instead of doing it for just myself I thought I would do it for charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Nicola has so far planned performances up until March in Leicester, Cambridgeshire and Northumberland.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National