Fly a kite event in Sidmouth on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Residents of all ages are invited to ‘go fly a kite’ this weekend at a family event above Jacob Ladder beach.
The Catholic Church in Sidmouth has organised the afternoon on Sunday to celebrate the Christian festival of Pentecost.
The festivities will begin at noon on the green land adjacent to Peak Hill with families encouraged to bring a picnic.
Organisers have also prepared a metre long chocolate cake to celebrate Pentecost.
Jill McGauley, from the church, said: “This is the sixth year we have run this event. There were over a hundred people there last year and we’d love to beat that record.
You may also want to watch:
“We are asking people to bring a kite if they have one, but to come anyway. There is no charge and we can promise a lot of fun.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride