Fly a kite event in Sidmouth on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Residents of all ages are invited to ‘go fly a kite’ this weekend at a family event above Jacob Ladder beach.
The Catholic Church in Sidmouth has organised the afternoon on Sunday to celebrate the Christian festival of Pentecost.
The festivities will begin at noon on the green land adjacent to Peak Hill with families encouraged to bring a picnic.
Organisers have also prepared a metre long chocolate cake to celebrate Pentecost.
Jill McGauley, from the church, said: “This is the sixth year we have run this event. There were over a hundred people there last year and we’d love to beat that record.
You may also want to watch:
“We are asking people to bring a kite if they have one, but to come anyway. There is no charge and we can promise a lot of fun.”
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward