Fly the flag in Sidmouth and other news
Town council chairman Stuart Hughes has urged all Sidmouth residents to fly Union flags outside their homes to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee. Read this and more.
FLAGGED UP: Town council chairman Stuart Hughes has urged all Sidmouth residents to fly Union flags outside their homes to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee – and keep them out to back the England football team at Euro 2012.
OVER-60S: The Sid Vale Over 60s’ Club’s most recent meeting witnessed a talk and demonstration of personal alarm systems.
The members were shown how they work, and got to test the systems out.
The next meeting of the Over 60s’ Club is on Monday, June 18, in the hall at the United Reformed Church in Primley Road.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors are welcome. Call Mrs Hawkins on 01395 577599 for more information.
MONK APPROVAL: Popular Sidford restaurant, boutique and bed and breakfast, The Salty Monk, has been granted planning permission to extend its garden room and studio by the district council.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
BUSES ARE BACK: Sidmouth’s Hopper Bus service sprang back into action this week.
The bus will now stop off at The Donkey Sanctuary on every circuit.
See the Hopper timetable on page 20 of this week’s Sidmouth Herald.
DWELLING go-ahead: Plans to build a two-storey detached dwelling and garage at Silverwood, 48 Sidford Road, Sidmouth, have been approved by district council officers.
JUBILEE BAZAAR: To raise money for St Gregory’s Church, in Harpford, there will be a Diamond Jubilee Bazaar on Saturday, June 16, from 10.30am to 4pm in Harpford Hall.