Woman thanked for catching flyaway birthday balloon in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A flyaway birthday balloon was reunited with its owner after a woman chased it down the street and handed it in at a local shop.
Tasha Parker was in Woolbrook Road on Monday, June 22, when she saw the helium 21st-birthday balloon fly out of the window of a passing car.
She ran after it, grabbed it and handed it in to Woolbrook News, and then posted on Facebook to tell ‘the lady in the silver Mercedes, who was on Woolbrook Road and the 21st balloon flew out of your window’, where it was.
The owner of Woolbrook News, Teresa Loynd, said: “I said I’d take it in and about an hour later, someone came and picked it up.
“It was an 18-inch round helium balloon with blue and white ribbons.”
You may also want to watch:
The owner of the balloon, who had bought it for a family birthday celebration, later posted on Facebook to thank Tasha for her kindness.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight