Flybe staff help Cancer Research UK
SIDMOUTH S Cancer Research UK shop will benefit from the generosity of the staff at a local airline. Employees at Exeter-based Flybe, have donated hundred of bags of desperately needed clothing and miscellaneous goods to a number of Cancer Research UK sho
SIDMOUTH'S Cancer Research UK shop will benefit from the generosity of the staff at a local airline.
Employees at Exeter-based Flybe, have donated hundred of bags of desperately needed clothing and miscellaneous goods to a number of Cancer Research UK shops in Devon and Cornwall, including Sidmouth, Exmouth and Exeter.
Over the past few weeks, Flybe's employees have been clearing out their wardrobes and cupboards ready for the donation station' collection and the charity's vans were quickly filled to capacity.
Lenny Titherington, manager of Sidmouth's Cancer Research shop, said: "In total we got about 220 bags from Flybe.
You may also want to watch:
"On average there is about �30 worth of clothes and other goods in each bag which is a fantastic amount of money.
"We are very happy and the more people that can donate the better. We are trying to get as many people as possible to donate things as the recession has affected us. We would be grateful to anyone who could drop off their unwanted goods."
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
Flybe's Head of Public Relations, Niall Duffy said: "The enthusiasm with which our partnership with Cancer Research UK has been embraced by all our 3,000-plus employees has been literally phenomenal.
"Flybe is proud to be working with the world's leading charity dedicated to cancer research and especially proud that we are currently Cancer Research UK's only airline charity partner.