Flybe staff help Cancer Research UK
SIDMOUTH S Cancer Research UK shop will benefit from the generosity of the staff at a local airline. Employees at Exeter-based Flybe, have donated hundred of bags of desperately needed clothing and miscellaneous goods to a number of Cancer Research UK sho
SIDMOUTH'S Cancer Research UK shop will benefit from the generosity of the staff at a local airline.
Employees at Exeter-based Flybe, have donated hundred of bags of desperately needed clothing and miscellaneous goods to a number of Cancer Research UK shops in Devon and Cornwall, including Sidmouth, Exmouth and Exeter.
Over the past few weeks, Flybe's employees have been clearing out their wardrobes and cupboards ready for the donation station' collection and the charity's vans were quickly filled to capacity.
Lenny Titherington, manager of Sidmouth's Cancer Research shop, said: "In total we got about 220 bags from Flybe.
You may also want to watch:
"On average there is about �30 worth of clothes and other goods in each bag which is a fantastic amount of money.
"We are very happy and the more people that can donate the better. We are trying to get as many people as possible to donate things as the recession has affected us. We would be grateful to anyone who could drop off their unwanted goods."
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 10 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
Flybe's Head of Public Relations, Niall Duffy said: "The enthusiasm with which our partnership with Cancer Research UK has been embraced by all our 3,000-plus employees has been literally phenomenal.
"Flybe is proud to be working with the world's leading charity dedicated to cancer research and especially proud that we are currently Cancer Research UK's only airline charity partner.