Massive response to Sidmouth Folk Festival fundraising campaign
- Credit: Archant
Donations have been pouring in to Sidmouth Folk Festival’s crowdfunding campaign and it has now set a new target, three times the original amount.
The campaign went live on Tuesday, June 30, with the aim of raising £30,000 to help secure the festival’s future next year and beyond.
That target was smashed within a few hours and was extended to £70,000. With that sum also reached, the latest target is £90,000.
Many artists who were lined up to perform this year pledged to support the fundraising, after the festival was cancelled because of coronavirus.
Donors to the campaign are able to buy ‘rewards’ offered by the artists, on a first come, first served basis.
You may also want to watch:
These include private musical masterclasses at next year’s event, personalised tunes written for them, and various items of merchandise.
The ‘virtual’ festival will take place on Saturday, August 1 and Sunday, August 2, with live and recorded performances on video, storytelling, the Sidmouth Horse Trials and children’s activities.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future