FolkWeek in focus
- Credit: Archant
An independent film company has a cast of thousands to choose from as it captures the characters and stories of Sidmouth FolkWeek’s 60 years.
The producers at Fuel TV are now seeking fans’ footage, photos, memorabilia and personal stories as they compile a major new movie.
They want to tell the story of the festival from the perspective of the people who support it year after year – and can’t do it without them.
Producer Paul Tully said: “Sidmouth is a key festival in the English folk calendar - it has 60 years of stories and we would love the opportunity to get them to the big screen.”
Home movies, photographs, flyers, posters, memorabilia and audio recordings are all archive materials that could be used in this project. Any ‘moving picture’ documentation is of particular interest for the filmmakers.
You may also want to watch:
They want to portray FolkWeek’s numerous highlights and challenges in mounting the renowned event and reflect on the local and national history that unfolded over its lifetime, as well as its many unusual, vibrant, odd, bizarre and brilliant performances. The producers would like contributors to email them in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
The film will be shot this year and released early next year.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
FolkWeek organisers will be making a similar call for a physical exhibition at this year’s 60th anniversary celebrations at the event from August 1 to 8.