FolkWeek music reunion!
FOLKWEEK singers and musicians from around the country will reunite this weekend to exercise their vocal chords.
FOLKWEEK singers and musicians from around the country will reunite this weekend to exercise their vocal chords in aid of the event.
The enthusiastic the Middle Bar Singers, who traditionally perform at the Anchor Inn during the August week of fun, will make a special appearance at the pub from 8pm tonight, from 11am to 11pm tomorrow, and again at Sunday lunch time.
They will meet in the upstairs function room at the Anchor and everyone is welcome- whether to sing a song or just to listen.
The Middle Bar Singers will stage a collection in aid of FolkWeek funds. Members come from all over the country for the winter reunion.
Meanwhile, instrumentalists who play at the The Radway Inn during the festival will congregate there on Saturday for a special performance of English folk songs.
BBC Radio Devon will hold a 24-hour ‘Folk Relief’ fund-raising marathon for the Devon Air Ambulance from 2pm on Friday to 2pm Saturday, and are hoping to broadcast live from the Anchor Inn on Friday evening, said organisers.
- 1 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
- 2 Mica Paris apologises to Sidmouth as festival concert is moved to following day
- 3 New town council chair sets out his aims
- 4 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 5 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 6 Art show and Jubilee party at Sidmouth's Oasis Cafe
- 7 Police appeal for gun owners to hand them in during firearms amnesty
- 8 Iain Burns photography talk, McColls future in Sidmouth and the rare sound of a cuckoo
- 9 Property of the Week: Windsor Mead, Sidford, Sidmouth
- 10 Get ready to dive into Sidmouth's Sea Fest
The first leaflet for Sidmouth FolkWeek will be available from this weekend. Registered festival goers will receive one by post. Copies are available from Sidmouth Tourist Information Centre or www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk. Organisers this week said ticket sales are “going extremely well” and there have been positive comments about t this year’s line up. FolkWeek will run from July 29 to August 5.