FolkWeek music reunion!
FOLKWEEK singers and musicians from around the country will reunite this weekend to exercise their vocal chords.
FOLKWEEK singers and musicians from around the country will reunite this weekend to exercise their vocal chords in aid of the event.
The enthusiastic the Middle Bar Singers, who traditionally perform at the Anchor Inn during the August week of fun, will make a special appearance at the pub from 8pm tonight, from 11am to 11pm tomorrow, and again at Sunday lunch time.
They will meet in the upstairs function room at the Anchor and everyone is welcome- whether to sing a song or just to listen.
The Middle Bar Singers will stage a collection in aid of FolkWeek funds. Members come from all over the country for the winter reunion.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, instrumentalists who play at the The Radway Inn during the festival will congregate there on Saturday for a special performance of English folk songs.
BBC Radio Devon will hold a 24-hour ‘Folk Relief’ fund-raising marathon for the Devon Air Ambulance from 2pm on Friday to 2pm Saturday, and are hoping to broadcast live from the Anchor Inn on Friday evening, said organisers.
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
The first leaflet for Sidmouth FolkWeek will be available from this weekend. Registered festival goers will receive one by post. Copies are available from Sidmouth Tourist Information Centre or www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk. Organisers this week said ticket sales are “going extremely well” and there have been positive comments about t this year’s line up. FolkWeek will run from July 29 to August 5.