Fond farewell for Sidmouth teachers and other news
A long-serving teacher at Sidmouth Primary School was bade a fond farewell by children and colleagues before Christmas. Read this and more.
TEACHER FAREWELL: A long-serving teacher at Sidmouth Primary School was bade a fond farewell by children and colleagues before Christmas.
Cath Edwards, who had been based at the Vicarage Road site for 11 years, will swap the classroom for a new adventure as she is set to go travelling around Europe.
“We thank her for all she has done and wish her well for the future,” said headteacher Paul Walker.
BINGO BOOST: Sidmouth Primary School will benefit from �269 raised at a packed Christmas bingo event that took place at the Woolbrook Road site on December 17.
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 4 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 5 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 6 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 7 Garden and crafts show makes successful comeback
- 8 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 9 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 10 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
NOMINATE YOUR HERO: Unsung sporting heroes will have a chance to be recognised for all their hard work at the Devon Sports Awards.
Nominations for the prestigious awards, organised by Active Devon and The Exeter Foundation, opened this week.
The awards celebrate not only the players, but the clubs and teams, the coaches, the officials and the volunteers.
This year will also introduce Professional Sports Person of the Year and Professional Club of the Year categories for the first time in the award’s 10-year history.
With 11 categories in total, even more people across the county are eligible to apply and Active Devon is urging people to fill in a nomination form to ensure as many sportspeople as possible get the opportunity to be acknowledged and rewarded.
Nominations must be in by 12pm, Friday, March 1, 2013.
The new format nomination form can be downloaded at www.activedevon.org/awards2013.