Food and fun for all the family at Donkey Sanctuary fair
- Credit: Archant
The Donkey Sanctuary’s new family food fair will showcase the best produce and talent the region has to offer next Saturday (October 14).
The event promises to be a food-filled day of inspiration, temptation and hands-on activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Throughout the day there will be live cooking demonstrations from a number of fantastic local chefs, providing ideas for more creativity in the kitchen.
For the children, Food is Fun will be running a free cooking activity, where little ones can enjoy making something tasty themselves and who knows, it may even enthuse some budding chefs out there!
There will also be biscuit decorating and face painting, once they’ve enjoyed getting hands on in the kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
As well as tantalising the tastebuds, this event is sure to delight the ears with a spot of lunch time live music from accomplished acoustic duo, Vine and Dandy. Delivering high energy performances, the duo entertains with clever lyrics and catchy tunes.
Accompanying this great entertainment will be a collection of excellent local food and drink producers offering award-winning produce to sample and purchase, including meats, cheeses, preserves, cakes, ciders and homegrown vegetables.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
There will also be a range of delights from local refreshment traders to satisfy the appetite or for somewhere a little more tranquil, The Kitchen restaurant will provide a haven in which to retreat for delicious, freshly prepared dishes.
The Donkey Sanctuary’s Chris Phillips said: “Food is a great way of bringing families together and our brand new event champions this ethos by providing something for all ages.
“It’s going to be a brilliant day in which to discover and enjoy some of the best food and drink our area has to offer in just one sitting - so do come with an appetite!”
Admission for this event is £2 per adult with children under 12 going free, payable at the entrance gate. Parking is free and dogs on leads are welcome.
For information about this event, please contact The Donkey Sanctuary’s Events Team on: 01395 573156 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/event/10791.