Food sparks fire scare after householders go out
- Credit: Archant
HOT food on a cooker inside a flat where the occupants had gone out sparked a saucepan blaze scare in Sidmouth.
Firefighters from the town raced to a property in Sidford Road last Thursday, January 24.
Fumes from the grub in the pan set off an automatic fire alarm in the first-floor flat at around 12.10pm.
A fire service spokesperson said: “One appliance from Sidmouth was called to attend and on arrival found cooking fumes coming from a first-floor flat.
“Access was gained as no occupant was in the property at the time of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“The fire, which was out on arrival, involved a saucepan on the cooker in the first-floor kitchen. The crew ventilated the property and made the area safe.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman