FORCE gets �6k from Dr Who day at Beer
Eex-Wing Fundraisers present �6,351.81 to cancer charity after successful Dr Who day at Pecorama, Beer
DALEKS are not renowned for their generous nature.
But they certainly attracted crowds to a special Dr Who charity day at Beer’s Pecorama last month.
Now organisers Exe-Wing Fundraisers, have presented �6,351.81 to FORCE cancer charity – proceeds from the Dr Who-themed event.
Guest appearances were made by sixth Doctor, Colin Baker, Wendy Padbury, Mat Irvine and the special effects, behind-the-scenes crew, and more than 1,300 people flocked to the event to see them along with K9, Cybermen and the Tardis.
Pecorama was approached by Exe-Wing more than a year ago to host the day.
Exe-Wing chairman, Wendy Duffield, said: “It was a very successful day…but we couldn’t have done it without the help and generosity of the people at Pecorama.
- 1 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 2 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 3 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 4 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 5 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
- 6 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 7 Injured pedestrian helped by lifeboat and lifeguard teams
- 8 Part of Donkey Sanctuary closed due to respiratory infection
- 9 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 10 Pixie Day returns to Ottery – Pictures
“We are absolutely delighted with the sum of money raised for FORCE.”
Sarah Daniels, FORCE’s fundraising manager, thanked Exe-Wing for its “fantastic effort”.
She added: “We need �750,000 a year to keep the FORCE cancer centre going in Exeter and this is a great contribution from a very dedicated team of volunteers.”
She also thanked Pecorama for hosting the event.