FORCE gets �6k from Dr Who day at Beer
Eex-Wing Fundraisers present �6,351.81 to cancer charity after successful Dr Who day at Pecorama, Beer
DALEKS are not renowned for their generous nature.
But they certainly attracted crowds to a special Dr Who charity day at Beer’s Pecorama last month.
Now organisers Exe-Wing Fundraisers, have presented �6,351.81 to FORCE cancer charity – proceeds from the Dr Who-themed event.
Guest appearances were made by sixth Doctor, Colin Baker, Wendy Padbury, Mat Irvine and the special effects, behind-the-scenes crew, and more than 1,300 people flocked to the event to see them along with K9, Cybermen and the Tardis.
You may also want to watch:
Pecorama was approached by Exe-Wing more than a year ago to host the day.
Exe-Wing chairman, Wendy Duffield, said: “It was a very successful day…but we couldn’t have done it without the help and generosity of the people at Pecorama.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
“We are absolutely delighted with the sum of money raised for FORCE.”
Sarah Daniels, FORCE’s fundraising manager, thanked Exe-Wing for its “fantastic effort”.
She added: “We need �750,000 a year to keep the FORCE cancer centre going in Exeter and this is a great contribution from a very dedicated team of volunteers.”
She also thanked Pecorama for hosting the event.