FORCE gets �6k from Dr Who day at Beer
Eex-Wing Fundraisers present �6,351.81 to cancer charity after successful Dr Who day at Pecorama, Beer
DALEKS are not renowned for their generous nature.
But they certainly attracted crowds to a special Dr Who charity day at Beer’s Pecorama last month.
Now organisers Exe-Wing Fundraisers, have presented �6,351.81 to FORCE cancer charity – proceeds from the Dr Who-themed event.
Guest appearances were made by sixth Doctor, Colin Baker, Wendy Padbury, Mat Irvine and the special effects, behind-the-scenes crew, and more than 1,300 people flocked to the event to see them along with K9, Cybermen and the Tardis.
You may also want to watch:
Pecorama was approached by Exe-Wing more than a year ago to host the day.
Exe-Wing chairman, Wendy Duffield, said: “It was a very successful day…but we couldn’t have done it without the help and generosity of the people at Pecorama.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 10 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
“We are absolutely delighted with the sum of money raised for FORCE.”
Sarah Daniels, FORCE’s fundraising manager, thanked Exe-Wing for its “fantastic effort”.
She added: “We need �750,000 a year to keep the FORCE cancer centre going in Exeter and this is a great contribution from a very dedicated team of volunteers.”
She also thanked Pecorama for hosting the event.