Fords plumber Mark reaches final of UK Plumber of the Year
- Credit: Archant
Public support has sent a Sidmouth plumber into the final of a national competition.
Mark Wakely, who works for Fords of Sidmouth, has secured one of the five top spots in the UK Plumber of the Year competition.
The 24-year-old is the only tradesman from Devon to make the final on Wednesday, August 31, and has thanked the local community for voting him through to the final round.
Mark said: “I’d like to thank everyone who voted for me. I’m overwhelmed at the level of support and looking forward, albeit nervously, to the final.”
For his final test, the Honiton resident will have to present to a panel of three in a bid to claim the title. The winner will be announced next Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Mark was shortlisted in a list of 15 for his work on Belmont House in Lyme Regis.
The Grade II listed building was a ‘complex project’ as it required the plumber to install a modern heating system inside the 18th century property.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Tim Ford, Director at Fords, said: “We’re thrilled for Mark and proud of his achievement to be in the last five. He deserves to win this competition and we wish him all the best with the final challenging stage.”