Former football pro opens Sidmouth sports shop
Chris Hargreaves, 39, retired from the game last year.
A FORMER professional footballer turned Sidmouth trader says he hopes to provide the town with a new sports shop ‘it can be proud of.’
Chris Hargreaves, 39, retired from the game last year, ending a 22 year playing career that saw him turn out for 10 clubs including Plymouth, West Bromwich Albion and Torquay.
Now coaching at Exeter City and hoping to get into management, the dad-of-three, wife Fiona and their young family are looking to move to Sidmouth and this week opened Chris Hargreaves’ Sports Republic in High Street.
“I’m really delighted to be here,” said Chris.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s going to be a family-run business. We really hope people like it. We want to provide a shop Sidmouth can be proud of. We want to give the people of Sidmouth what they need and to make good links with town clubs.”
The store opened for business this week and will celebrate with a special launch day on Saturday from 9.30am.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
Chris will stage an open evening for Sidmouth Running Club from 5pm to 8pm on Thursday.