Former football pro opens Sidmouth sports shop
Chris Hargreaves, 39, retired from the game last year.
A FORMER professional footballer turned Sidmouth trader says he hopes to provide the town with a new sports shop ‘it can be proud of.’
Chris Hargreaves, 39, retired from the game last year, ending a 22 year playing career that saw him turn out for 10 clubs including Plymouth, West Bromwich Albion and Torquay.
Now coaching at Exeter City and hoping to get into management, the dad-of-three, wife Fiona and their young family are looking to move to Sidmouth and this week opened Chris Hargreaves’ Sports Republic in High Street.
“I’m really delighted to be here,” said Chris.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s going to be a family-run business. We really hope people like it. We want to provide a shop Sidmouth can be proud of. We want to give the people of Sidmouth what they need and to make good links with town clubs.”
The store opened for business this week and will celebrate with a special launch day on Saturday from 9.30am.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Chris will stage an open evening for Sidmouth Running Club from 5pm to 8pm on Thursday.